Donna Coakley McGowan's Blog
As incredible the act of purchasing a home is, many buyers end up regretting their purchase. There’s a variety of reasons for this. It all comes down to being ill-informed about buying a home and the type of home needed for the most liable situation. Read on to find out some of the biggest regrets home buyers face and how to avoid them.
Buying Too Small Of A Home
The most prominent regret that many buyers face is not buying a larger property. Many people want to live in a specific location or type of home that they overlook the size altogether. One reason that people end up buying a home that’s the wrong size is that they rush to find a property in a particular area. If you branch out on your search, you’ll have a better shot at finding the right size home. The area might not matter as much as the space you’re living in, s keep that in mind.
Not Doing Your Research
People tend to skip out on the research phase of buying a home. It’s critical that buyers understand things like mortgage rates, fees, credit reports, how much needs to be saved, and more. There are so many things that go into buying a home that you could easily miss out on something if you don’t know what you’re in for ahead of time.
Not Saving Enough
Your home will be one of the largest purchases you make in your entire life. There is a lot more to the cost than just the monthly mortgage payment. You’ll need a lot of money upfront when you buy a home including a downpayment along with other closing costs and fees. Plus, you’ll need to set some money aside for any repairs or replacements you need to do in the home once you move in. It’s also a good idea to have an emergency fund available just in case. Life happens, and you don’t want your savings to be depleted because you bought a house.
Keep in mind that the bigger of a downpayment you make, the better off you’ll be. Even if you can buy a home with a low downpayment, you want to put down as much as possible. A higher downpayment will keep your mortgage payments lower, get you a better rate, and you may even be able to avoid paying for PMI (private mortgage insurance.) Aim to save a 20 percent down payment for the most optimal mortgage situation.
216 Brigham Hill Rd, Grafton, MA 01536
216 Brigham Hill Rd, Grafton, MA 01536
Floods are one of the most terrifying events to occur in any home, especially if it’s the result of a natural disaster. As expected, your priority should be the safety of your family, and while you make arrangements for their protection, you can do the following things before repairs start.
1. The first step is to cut off the power supply.
Be very careful before going in to grab items as flood water could carry an electrical current to electrocute you or even cause a fire, as well as bring bacteria and microbes into your home. Locate your circuit panel and shut off all power circuits, even if the power from the grid is off. Watch out for signs of potential danger, like a collapsed roof. If the home appears unsafe to enter, do not attempt to go inside.
2. Document Everything
Since you do not know how long it will take before the insurance process kicks in, you will need to start compiling documentation of everything. Pictures and videos are essential, as well as written reports about the condition of the home. If the house worsens after the initial damage let your records reflect it. The claims adjuster will carry out another investigation on getting to your property and the more information you offer, the better informed they can be during their assessment.
3. Begin the Repair Process
As soon as you can, drain the water from your home. If you have a sump pump, you can elect to do it yourself, or you could decide to hire an expert for the job. Take extra caution when paying for services if your claims adjuster is not done assessing the degree of the damage. It’s advisable that you keep receipts for whatever you purchase, no matter how unimportant you think it is.
4. Be Patient and Cautious
If your region was declared a disaster area because of the flood, you might have to spend a long time before you get access to repair services. Protect yourself from repair scams by asking anyone who comes to your home to provide identification and confirmation that they are from your insurance company, as many conmen often use this con to defraud victims.
If you need special help and assistance from FEMA or other relief agencies, don't hesitate to reach out to them.
Grilled foods taste much better and are healthier than foods cooked using most other methods. With a few grill marks, meats look even better and more appealing to devour. Are you uncertain as to whether you should have a BBQ grill at home? You surely do need them and here are some reasons to convince you:
- Less fat. With a BBQ grill, you are sure to have less fat in your meats compare to frying or even baking. As you grill, the fats drip off the food, without affecting its juiciness and flavor. Healthy eating is one of the significant health benefits of having a BBQ grill at home.
- Fun parties. If you have a BBQ grill and a pool, then your party is good to go. You can have an instant party with these twos. The feeling of grilling outdoors and swimming is just terrific. The adults can have a barbecued chicken while they watch the kids play in the pool.
- Lower electricity bills. When you cook in your kitchen, the air heats up, urging you to tune up the air-conditioner, thereby using more energy and cost. With a BBQ grill, you don’t need to worry about all that. You can grill outside and save yourself the huge bill that comes at months’ end.
- Great taste. Well, this is one of the top reasons people own a grill, to have the most magnificent tasty meals. There is a unique flavor that meats get when they are cooked over a grill.
- Flexible cooking. You probably know that meats and vegetables taste amazing when grilled. Do you also know that fruits, pizza, and avocados taste even more insane when grilled? With a grill, the sky is merely your starting point. You can cook virtually anything over a grill. Get creative, gather your friends and family and have a great time together.
- Clean kitchen. For most people, this is the ideal reason to get a BBQ grill, to take nights off from scrubbing pots and pans. Although you will have to scrub down your grill periodically, however, it is nothing compared to the kitchen. There isn't much work there, brush off the grates after use and you're done.
There are huge reasons why a BBQ grill is a must-have in every home, tons of them. If you’re yet to find a hobby, then get a grill and start preparing meals for your family. Order a grill today, and you won't regret it.